E-Books program at ALA

Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 10:19:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: Flora Shrode <shrode@aztec.lib.utk.edu>
To: LIBLICENSE-L@pantheon.yale.edu
Subject:  E-books program at ALA (ALCTS)

Checked Out of the Process? The Library's Role in the Emerging Electronic
Books Market

 Saturday, June 16, 2001
 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
 Marriott, Golden Gate Section A

        Rapid development in the e-book marketplace leaves librarians
wondering how vendors determine what they will offer in their collections.
At this session we will hear from speakers with varied viewpoints,
including librarians in academic and public libraries, a university
digital library, and an e-book vendor. Join the speakers and your
colleagues to discuss how we as potential e-book customers can guide
product development.

Speakers:
	Ann Okerson, Associate University Library, Yale University;
	Roy Tennant, Manager of eScholarship Web & Services Design,
	California Digital Library;
	Christopher Warnock, CEO of ebrary;
	Rivkah Sass, Reference Coordinator, Mulnomah County Library
	(Portland, OR);
	Moderator, Peter McDonald, AUL for Collection Development

Program sponsored by the ALCTS Collection Management and Development
Section, Electronic Resources Committee.  Co-sponsored by: RUSA/MARS
Products and Services Committee, PLA Technology in Public Libraries
Committee

Flora G. Shrode				e-mail: fshrode@utk.edu
Science and Technology Coordinator	fax 865-974-9242
Hodges Library				phone 865-974-4415
University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37996-1000