RoweCom to be acquired by divine, inc

Not quite on topic for this list, but will be of interest to many readers
who may be users of RoweCom and Faxon services.  Anyone have more
information about divine, inc?

***************
RoweCom Contact
Mary Basilone
RoweCom, Inc.
781-410-3342
mary.basilone@rowe.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ROWECOM AGREES TO BE ACQUIRED BY DIVINE

Leading content procurement company would expand divine's content
offerings.

WESTWOOD, Mass. - May 24, 2001 - RoweCom Inc. (NASDAQ: ROWE), a global
provider of high-quality service and e-commerce solutions for purchasing
and managing print and e-content knowledge resources, announced today that
it has signed a letter of intent to be acquired by divine, inc., (NASDAQ:
DVIN), an enterprise solutions company delivering a unique combination of
services, Web-based technology, and managed applications capabilities. The
agreement provides for a stock-for-stock exchange in which RoweCom
shareholders will receive three quarters of a share of divine common stock
for each share of RoweCom. The parties expect to sign a definitive
agreement by mid-June and complete the transaction following RoweCom
shareholder and regulatory approvals.  Post acquisition, RoweCom and its
management team will continue RoweCom's historic commitment to its core
library and desktop services while developing additional services.

"We are excited about the opportunity to leverage our industry-leading
knowledge resource solutions within a business that has extensive
expertise in knowledge management, electronic content and electronic
services," said Dr. Richard Rowe, Chairman of RoweCom Inc.  "As an
operating division of divine, we will be able to offer our academic,
biomedical, corporate and government clients the best of all worlds. We
will continue to provide high-quality services, e-commerce solutions and a
broader range of content, backed by a company that has a shared philosophy
on information management, a strong financial position, and a proven
executive management team."

About RoweCom Inc.

RoweCom (NASDAQ: ROWE) provides high-quality service and e-commerce
solutions for purchasing and managing the acquisition of magazines,
newspapers, journals and e-journals, books and other sources of
comprehensive knowledge resources.  With clients ranging from academic
libraries to Fortune 1000 companies, RoweCom serves communities with
intensive knowledge requirements and high-volume purchases. Faxon, a
long-established leader in academic information services, joined RoweCom
in October 1999 and continues to serve its clients by offering expanded
Internet and e-commerce tools as well as new levels of control,
convenience, and cost-savings. For more information, visit www.rowe.com.

# # #