RE: National Online: Nature and Others... (like SCIENCE)

> Sorry, but that's not true. It's not pre-publication access with Science.
> ScienceExpress articles are considered published (and citable) as soon as
> they are out in the online version. The rest is just cosmetics.

Here's what it says at the Science website:

"Science Express provides rapid electronic publication of
selected Science papers. Print versions of these papers
will appear in Science in several weeks. Some editorial
changes may occur between the online version and the
final printed version. Access to the PDF version of the
papers is available free to all AAAS members.
Nonmembers can view papers with the pay-per-view
option."

I guess whether they're citable or not is a matter of personal discretion.
Personally, I'd probably wait until all the edits have been made.  And like
I said, the bottom line is whether you're getting what you want for your
money.  At UNR, we are.

Rick Anderson
Electronic Resources/Serials Coordinator
The University Libraries
University of Nevada, Reno
1664 No. Virginia St.
Reno, NV  89557