RE: Aggregator Embargoes -- more info

>For these titles, the full text holdings statements on EBSCO's title
>lists and MARC records, which many of us are putting in our catalogs and
>on our web pages, says "to present."

"I don't know why this is any more disconcerting than our print
checkin/holdings records listing currently received, open-ended holdings
range, etc.  Many print titles are suspended, delivered late, or published
very infrequently, so our holdings statements are somewhat misleading for
them too."

In a serials check-in or holdings display, one can usually see (sometimes
after some navigation) exactly what has been recieved and what hasn't.
It's not the same thing at all to see an electronic full text record which
says "to present" when their definition of "present" is six to twelve
months old.

Peter Picerno
University of Tennessee Health Sciences Library
877 Madison Avenue
Memphis  TN 38162
(901) 448-5634
(901) 448-7235 - Fax