RE: Aggregator Embargoes -- more info

>For these titles, the full text
>holdings statements on EBSCO's title lists and MARC records, which many of
>us are putting in our catalogs and on our web pages, says "to present."

I don't know why this is any more disconcerting than our print
checkin/holdings records listing currently received, open-ended holdings
range, etc.  Many print titles are suspended, delivered late, or published
very infrequently, so our holdings statements are somewhat misleading for
them too.  I think I have to agree that some full-text is better than
nothing.  Perhaps better wording would be a simple "Check website for
coverage" statement rather than actual holdings.  We use actual holdings,
but for GPO records, we use the generic statement.  I don't have feedback
from patrons on which is preferred or how bothered they are about lack of
online coverage.  It would be interesting to do a survey/focus group with
patrons about e-journals. Stefanie

Stefanie Wittenbach
Head of Acquisitions
University Library