Bell & Howell contemplate online historical periodicals

To readers of liblicense-l:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 16:25:22 -0400
From: "Moorman, Marge" <marge.moorman@bellhowell.infolearning.com>
Subject: Your Input Requested

Q:  Would online historical periodicals benefit you and your patron's
research efforts?

A:  We don't know.  So we are looking for your input.

You are invited to participate in a focus group sponsored by Bell & Howell
Information and Learning (formerly UMI) while attending the North American
Serials Interest Group (NASIG) conference in San Antonio, Texas.  We are
trying to gather ideas and input from the serials community for a
web-based historical periodical database that we may develop if the
library community views it as a beneficial resource.  This is not a
current product.  We are only trying to understand you and your patron's
needs.