RE: Aggregator Embargoes -- more info

Some additional information about EBSCO's embargoed titles:

- EBSCOhost MARC records for individual titles now have notations about
  embargo periods.
- The information I shared is for Academic Search Premier. For Academic
  Search Elite, 440 of 1444 titles (29.8%) have embargo periods of 3
  months or longer. 295 (20.4%) have embargo periods of 12 months or
  longer.
- Liblicense-l subscribers were actually notified of the EBSCO practice by
  Sam Brook, Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing for EBSCO, in
  March:  "...some journals that don't now have embargoes may have
  embargoes in the future ..." I think we are starting to experience that
  future.

Sam Brook said "Many full text journals in aggregated databases have
embargo periods." How many seems to depend on the database. The ProQuest
Research Library (Core and all modules) has 10 titles with an embargo
period longer than 30 days.

Donnie Curtis
University of Nevada, Reno