RE: Fair use (RE: electronic journals CCC)

Rick, both you and Margaret would be sending only a single article, which
I do not see should greatly bother a publisher. You will not be sending a
complete issue of a journal, which I think a publisher could reasonably
worry about.

There is of course nothing to stop you doing so technically. But if you
were doing it on that kind of scale it would not be that much harder to
cut up a printed issue, feed it through a scanner, and convert it to pdfs
than it would be to do so from an e-journal. I think the publisher would
rightfully object just as much if you did it from the print.

David Goodman, Princeton University
Biology Library				 dgoodman@princeton.edu
609-258-3235