From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
[mailto:owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu]On Behalf Of M Ros Doig
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 5:21 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: Certifying access

Dear All

I have a license here which says:

"The subscriber shall .....monitor and exercise control over (no problems
with that) and certify access to XXX database."

What do any of you take to mean by ' certify access to'?

When queried with the supplier I got this rather cryptic answer:

"As for the word "certify", by signing the agreement you are certifying
access to the XXX databases."

I'm sadly none the wiser - can anyone out there enlighten me? Thanks for
your help

Best wishes to everyone on liblicense-l

Ros Doig
Serials & Inter-lending Librarian