Re: electronic journals CCC

This is in response to Anthony's comment.

No, I don't have AAP bugged but I have learned to read licenses and when
one publisher after another tries to write contracts for online full text
that eliminate all or portions of "Fair Use" rights that libraries
currently have, I get a sneaking suspicion.  Also, when Pat Schroeder, the
current AAP lobbyist and mouthpiece, makes a statement such as "in the
past, nobody has been willing to take on libraries, that's what we're here
for(referring to the AAP)."  This may not be the exact wording but close
and it was from the Washington Times or Washington Post a few months ago.
What else does the AAP have to "take on" with libraries but fair use??

By the way, for those of you in the UK and elsewhere, Pat Schroeder is a
former U.S. Senator, I don't remember from which state, who was hired by
the AAP as a lobbyist/spokesperson etc., who has (or so it would seem by
her statements) thrown down the gauntlet to libraries and, I believe,
"Fair Use."

Tom

--
Thomas L. Williams, AHIP