RE: electronic journals CCC (fwd)

Sue Medina,

I commend you on your staunch support of US Copyright Law and the CONTU
guidelines.  I'm curious, however, as to how many vendors/publishers of
electronic journals have said, "Tough" and proceeded to deny access?

How many readers of this list have negotiated interlibrary loan rights in
situations where it clearly states that ILL is not permitted from the
electronic format?  Aside from dealing with aggregators I do not think
that I would have the time to negotiate each and every contract.  By not
doing so I guess I can be accused of allowing the status quo established
by the publishers to be perpetuated.  The larger library with staff
dedicated to more narrow duties may be able to negotiate special contracts
but that is not the case in a small hospital library.

Mike Simmons
Sparrow Health System Medical Library.