Re: Qys about Nature new site licensing policy

Helen Anderson
Head, Collection Development
River Campus Libraries
University of Rochester
Tel. 716-275-3302
e-mail handerson@rcl.lib.rochester.edu

>>> dgoodman@princeton.edu 04/24/01 10:08PM >>>
As of this AM the NY office did not know the pricing, because no one had
told them. I was able to find it for them at:
http://www.nature.com/help/sitelicences/ordering/ac-pricing.html There are
several ambiguities in it still, especially about discounts for purchasing
more than one of the monthlies and reviews.

I wonder what their policy is for those who have already purchased at the
higher price: are they refunding the difference?

I have also been told the contract is not yet available, because they have
not yet written it. I am therefore uncertain about permanent access, and
similar matters.

Nonetheless Princeton is going ahead immediately with the Nature weeekly,
while waiting for more exact information about the other parts.

David Goodman