RE: disappearing years of sold journals

Kimberly:

Thank you for raising this.

We received the final batch of files from Cambridge University Press last
week and have begun loading them onto Blackwell-Synergy. I regret that it
has not been possible to load them any sooner. We expect to restore all
issues from 1997 onwards over the next few weeks.

You can monitor our progress at
http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/Journals/issuelist.asp?journal=nph where
we now have all issues from the 2000 (CUP) volume.

New Phytologist is owned by a charity, the New Phytologist Trust. They
chose to move the contract for publishing the journal from CUP to
Blackwell at the end of 2000 (for further information see the editorial in
the January 2001 issue - "Change for good reason").

The majority of our journals are owned by charitable learned and
professional societies and we have considerable experience of taking them
on from other publishers. We always make every effort to take on the
electronic back-file and most publishers are fully cooperative.

Ian Bannerman
Journal Sales Director
Blackwell Science Ltd.
Osney Mead