RE: electronic journals CCC (fwd)

I tell all vendors that NAAL will not waive rights under the U. S.
Copyright Law and the CONTU guidelines.

Sue O. Medina
Director
Network of Alabama Academic Libraries
P. O. Box 302000
Montgomery, AL  36130-2000
334-242-2211
smedina@ache.state.al.us

_______

Actually, applying "the rule of five" you do have to pay for articles you
get from print journals if you exceed the five.  We are in copyright
compliance and very often go over the 5 and have to pay.  Our bill from
the CCC last year was close to 10 thousand.  In negotiating contracts with
online vendors, we should make sure they honor "Fair Use."  If they do
then the same rule of five applies.

Tom

--
Thomas L. Williams, AHIP