Desktop document Delivery

Hi Everybody,

Today I read an article entitled "Interlibary Load -- a new Frontier"
published in Vol. 18 No. 2 of Library Hi Tech (2000).

In this article, the author mentioned a cooperative project between
Michigan State University (MSU) and University of Michigan. This project
aims at providing desktop document delivery to patrons by converting an
article received at an Ariel workstation to a PDF file and transferring
the PDF file to a Web server. Then the patron requesting the article can
download the PDF file from the Web server. The PDF file will either remain
on the Web server for three weeks or be viewed five times, whichever comes
first, and then removed from the server.

My questions is whether this approach complies with copyright law or is
acceptable for publishers?

Regards,
Hao-Ren Ke

--
  Hao-Ren Ke                          *Tel: 886-3-5712121 ext. 52622
  * E-mail: claven@cc.nctu.edu.tw     *Fax: 886-3-5731743