Nature Site Licenses - a temporary way around the embargo?

[Followup-Postings are probably more appropriate to liblicense-l]

I have vague hints that libraries that took out a site license, actually
may already provide a mediated access to the content embargoed for
ip-based access under the present official license conditions, in form of
a username/password restricted account that is issued to the library, and
that may be presumably accessed only by library clerks or only at a
dedicated workstation in the library. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

If this is too delicate a matter, please feel free to write me directly
off list. I will summarize answers for the list.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Bernd-Christoph Kaemper, Stuttgart University Library, Germany

Check my list "Nature - what other libraries say",
http://www.ub.uni-stuttgart.de/ejournals/Nature_andere_Univ.html