RE: Nature subscriptions responses

I am responding to Jean Gilbertson's interest in knowing whether faculty
at other institutions understand and support a library decision not to
accept the present license and/or pricing model of Nature online.
Librarians here at WPI were/are not happy with Nature's license for online
access.  However, before we turned it down ourselves I emailed the faculty
here explaining the restrictions and asked for their opinion as to whether
it was worth subscribing to or not.  A few faculty felt that the online
access to the articles would be good to have and that they could make do
with the full content in the print copy but they were still opposed to
subscribing to the incomplete online version.  Overall, input from faculty
here was definitely in favor of NOT signing a license because of the lack
of full content for a three month period.  They definitely understood and
supported the concept of waiting to see if Nature would publish the full
content immediately.

Helen M. Shuster
Director
George C. Gordon Library