More Re: Nature subscriptions responses

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 21:14:31 EST lbusby <lbusby@lib.uwo.ca>
wrote:

# I have spent a good part of this week attempting to reach agreement with
# Nature Online for the University of Western Ontario to subscribe to Nature
# site licenses.  We are the 5th largest academic library in Canada.  In
# addition to all the caveats and concerns already expressed on this list we
# ran into another disconcerting issue.  Nature Online is refusing to honour
# the quote given to us by Donna Muscatello last fall.  Donna's quote
# clearly and unambiguously stated that "Terms and price are good through
# 12/31/01."  They are not.

We had the same situation with regard to different pricing done last fall
and the present pricing of online access to Nature.  Nature told us that
the "good through 12/31/01"  statement was in error, and that the correct
date should have read 12/31/00.  See the difference a single digit can
make?

Jonathan Lord /Asst Director for Collection Development
Univ of Virginia Health Sciences Library
P.O. Box 800722 / Charlottesville, VA 22908-0722
804-924-0059 / FAX: 804-243-5873
E-Mail: JonLord@Virginia.edu