Re: U of Chicago License

Jennifer,

The easiest thing to do is just to strike the clause. Normally we propose
that change, and then strike/initial the clause (both them and you) or one
of us rewrites the contract incorporating that and any other changes, and
both parties sign and date. I don't remember anyone who has objected to
this particular change (I'm sure there are exceptions that someone will
point out almost immediately). It seems to be more or less expected,
particularly because most publishers are signing contracts with public
institutions which normally don't even allow a contract to be signed with
such a clause.

Carole J. Richter
Electronic Resources Librarian
University of Notre Dame