From: Holman Jenifer S [mailto:holman.jeni@uwlax.edu]
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2001 8:28 PM
To: 'liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu'
Subject: U of Chicago License

Please forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I am hoping you
can lend some advice.  We would like to go ahead and sign the license
agreement for electronic journals from University of Chicago Press, but
the final clause, "This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the
State of Illinois and the United States....," is bothersome as our
institution is in Wisconsin.  How have other institutions handled this
clause?

Thank you!

Jenifer Holman

Jenifer S. Holman			EMAIL: holman.jeni@uwlax.edu
Periodicals Librarian		PHONE: 608.785.8395
Murphy Library			FAX: 608.785.8634
Univ. of Wisconsin - La Crosse
1631 Pine St.
La Crosse, WI 54601