Re: Nature Questions

It has always puzzled me that publishers of excellent readable journals
assume that every subscriber will immediately cancel their subscriptions
the moment they have some other source for the material.  It almost seems
that the better and more readable the journal, the more drastic the
publisher assumes the cancellations will be.

I seem to think more highly of the quality, desirability, and readability
of Nature than its publishers do. It's a wonderful journal, and all its
parts are of consistent excellence--that's why I'm being so concerned
about it.

David Goodman
Princeton University