Re: Clinical Evidence-Institutional site license

I believe this instance of a seemingly high "journal" price is an prime
example of the generalizations which confuse those reading this list.  I
learned about Clinical Evidence a few years ago from one of the main
editors... each topic presented in this publication represents a digested
compendium of research articles which address a specific clinical question
posed by the editors.  As such, it is not a standard journal with
unrelated primary research articles, but is an invaluable digest of basic
research that can provide specific answers to clinicians and health care
practices.  As such, its applied value to health care delivery is very
high, much higher in my opinion than most other clinical journals.

Librarians should exercise care when positioning the value of publications
in simplistic terms of cost per page or cost per workstation.  The high
apparent cost may be trivial in terms of health care savings.

Pete
Pete Goldie Ph.D.
Director, Professional Services/Western Region
XyEnterprise
2325 Third St. Suite 324
San Francisco, CA  94107

415-621-5746 voice