Re: ASM license

Cornell is going along with the new ASM deal.  At first we were shocked by
their 100% over print price (for an institution of our size).  However,
these are excellent society journals whose print prices are far below what
they would cost if offered by a commercial publisher.  We are supportive
of society publishing and have accepted their terms as is.

Philip Davis
Life Sciences Bibliographer
Albert R. Mann Library, Cornell University

At 3/6/2001, you wrote:
>The American Society for Microbiology license has been vastly improved,
>although still not perfect by any stretch of the imagination.  I would
>like to know if any of your libraries have subscribed to the ASM online
>journals under the new terms, and if you did whether you were able to
>modify the terms at all, and if so, how.
>
>TIA,
>
>Victoria Mitchell
>Reed College Library
>mitchell@reed.edu

Philip Davis, Life Sciences Bibliographer
Mann Library, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853
(607) 255-7192 ;  (607) 255-0318 fax
pmd8@cornell.edu