RE: ILL & Licensing questions

David,

I think asking people to publish their contracts publicly *could* indeed
lead to a lot of frantic arm waving, but I'm really only suggesting that
ILL terms be shared. Even though they may not be absolutely consistent, it
seems reasonable enough that they should be. I can't imagine that the ILL
conditions would ordinarily be thought to provide special negotiated
benefits. On the other hand, the publisher terms and conditions might
change, and it would be useful to have an up to date site where the
current terms/restrictions are posted. They are difficult enough to track
individually that it might be helpful to everyone if there were a
clearinghouse of ILL practices from vendor to vendor. We could even
fantasize that such a central site of posted understandings might
encourage vendors to emulate some of the better terms.

Carole