RE: ILL & Licensing questions

Hi Susan,

We're not using MARC to document ILL licensing details but we do have a
flag in our ejournals database
(http://mercury.lib.sfu.ca/cgi-bin/ejournals/EJDB?Display=BrowseForm) that
we set if a particular publisher (or other source) allows ILL. This flag
shows up as an "Allow ILL" icon in the public view of our database if the
user is sitting at one of our ILL lenders' workstations (i.e., the flag
shows if the user's machine has one of a list of specific staff IP
addresses).

Very soon we're going to expand this mechanism to allow the lenders to see
administrative notes entered by our Ejournals Librarian that contain
particulars about the lending agreements for the various sources.

Mark

Mark Jordan
Librarian / Analyst, Systems Division
W.A.C. Bennett Library, Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, British Columbia, V5A 1S6, Canada
Phone (604) 291 5753 / Fax (604) 291 3023
mjordan@sfu.ca / http://www.sfu.ca/~mjordan/