RE: ILL & Licensing questions

We are in the process of addressing this issue as well.  As a little
background, I am currently the (unofficial) serials librarian here at East
Carolina and was previously a document delivery/ILL librarian at the
University of South Carolina.  Because of my experience, I integrated this
issue into my tracking method for electronic journals.  I have a
spreadsheet of electronic journal subscriptions (separate from aggregator
titles) which contains various types of tracking information, including
whether or not ILL is allowed.  What I intend to do is send a shortened
version of that list to our ILL department.  The issue hasn't really come
up in our ILL department, and I've maintained fairly close contact with
the department head on that issue.  As to renogiating a license, we
haven't dealt with that yet.  I think what ILL is doing is going to the
stacks and pulling the title in question, since often the electronic
access is tied to our print subscription.  However, I'd be interested in
hearing what other institutions have done.  ILL is an integral part of a
library's functionality, and with the growing movement toward resource
sharing we must pay closer attention to the need for such continued
collegiality.

Stefanie DuBose
Collection Development Librarian
Joyner Library