Re: Nature

I second David's statement.  This is a case where we have to work together
as a team and collectively push for better licensing terms.  The large
research libraries need to set a good example, and if a few of us cave in,
our internal competitiveness will push the rest to follow.

I don't think that Macmillian understands that online access is the key to
their long-standing prestigiousness as a journal.  No online access means
that this publication might fall from grace into mediocrity.  Considering
that we've successfully negotiated with Science (their competition), I
don't think that Macmillian should feel that they can dictate their terms
without having to come to the bargaining table.

Philip Davis
Life Sciences Bibliographer
Cornell University
pmd8@cornell.edu