The ALCTS Electronic Communications Committee invites ALCTS members and
other interested parties attending ALA Midwinter Conference 2001 to an

                            OPEN FORUM

       		   Sunday, January 14, 2001
			4:30-5:30 p.m.
		    Wyndam Hotel-West Room

PURPOSE: To discuss issues and gather feedback and questions regarding
evolving policy development for electronic communications within ALCTS.
ALCTS SECTIONS SHOULD TRY TO SEND A REPRESENTATIVE IF POSSIBLE.

The Electronic Communications Committee's charge thus far has been to
investigate and help clarify policies and direction for ALCTS's web
presence.  The full charge of the committee and the documents we've
created thus far can be found on our ALCTS web space:
   http://www.ala.org/alcts/organization/div/ec.html

We encourage members of ALCTS to either come in person or send your
questions and concerns to us ahead of time.  We will pass these on to the
ALCTS Board of Directors and Executive Committee.

Please check out our completed and draft documents developed thus far. In
particular we are interested in reactions to the draft working paper
entitled: "Guidelines for the Placement of Informal Publications on the
ALCTS Web Site," which encompasses more than the name implies.  The ideas
and principles set forth in this draft need review by the ALCTS membership
and its final draft will be shaped by the needs of the membership. This
can be found at:

http://www.ala.org/alcts/organization/div/informalpublications.pdf

We hope to hear from you or see you there!

For further information contact:

Eleanor Cook, Chair, Electronic Communications Committee

Eleanor I. Cook                                  828-262-2786 (wrk)
Interim Coordinator, Acquisitions                828-262-2773 (fax)
& Serials Coordinator
Materials Processing Team
Belk Library, ASU Box 32026
Appalachian State University