Re: Shrinkwrap Madness

Kent,

I would add that UCITA provides a clear, and reasonable, solution to your
examples:

These are presumably mass market licenses and would not be enforceable as
structured.  When the licensee is able to review the entire license (on the
CD-ROM), the licensee can decide that he/she doesn't agree with the terms. =
 If
so, the licensee has the right to return the product, and to get a refund f=
or
the cost of the product and the cost of return postage.

David Mirchin
Vice President & General Counsel
SilverPlatter Information, Inc.
100 River Ridge Drive