Press Release: Sage Publications Launch Free Online Sample CopyService

From: jane.makoff@sagepub.co.uk

Please find Press Release for liblicense.

*******

Press Release  For immediate release: 19 December 2000

Sage Publications launch free online sample copy service

Sage Publications has launched an online sample copy service for all
visitors to their website: www.sagepub.co.uk.

Free electronic sample issues of journals currently published from Sage
Publications' London office are now available as PDF files on their
website. A further 16 new journals being published in 2001 will be put on
the website once their first issue is published.

To view the electronic samples, visitors should go to Sage Publications'
website and follow the online sample copies link. This will direct them to
all journal samples currently available online.

This new online service increases the range of free electronic services
Sage Publications now provides on its website. Sage Contents Alerting
Service, launched in January 2000, provides free email table of contents
to those who register for the service. The service has been a great
success and currently has over 10,000 subscriptions.

Stephen Barr, Managing Director of Sage Publications in London said:  "We
are extremely pleased to be launching our new online sample copy service
which will give anyone who is interested the chance to evaluate our
journals from the convenience of their desktop before contributing or
subscribing."

___________

Notes for Editors:

Sage Publications, one of the world's leading international journal
publishers, is a privately-owned company dedicated to the global
dissemination of information. Currently celebrating our 35th anniversary, we
publish over 230 journals across a wide range of disciplines and professions
from our London, California and New Delhi offices. We will be adding a
further 32 journals to our publishing programme over the next two years.

For further information contact: Jane Makoff, Head of Journals Marketing,
Sage Publications, 6 Bonhill Street, London EC2A 4PU, UK
Tel: +020 7374 0645 Fax: +020 7374 8741
Email: jane.makoff@sagepub.co.uk
Website: www.sagepub.co.uk

Jane Makoff