Press Release - The ISI Web of Science Enhanced

Kinda cool...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Masciulli, Joelle" <Joelle.Masciulli@isinet.com>
Subject: Press Release - The ISI Web of Science Enhanced

The ISI Web of Science Enhanced
Version 4.3 Design Integrates SFX

Philadelphia, PA, USA December 6, 2000 - Today ISI announced multiple
enhancements to the Web of Science database.  Product developers focused
on performance, functionality and ease of use in planning Version 4.3.
In addition, a new linking option was integrated. Ex Libris's
context-sensitive reference linking technology, SFX, works seamlessly with
the Web of Science.  Mutual subscribers now have expanded options for
linking resources and services, irrespective of where the resources are
held.

"With this release of the Web of Science," said Vin Caraher, Senior Vice
President Worldwide Sales & Marketing, ISI, "we concentrated on the
underlying structure of the database and modified it in order to improve
performance and allow data corrections to be easily implemented.  We were
also able to accommodate more enhancements in Version 4.3 than in previous
releases of this multidisciplinary database."

"Our development team," continued Caraher, "combined and ranked
enhancement requests and suggestions from our customer base.  This process
is a detailed and thorough one.  We will continue to talk with users in
order to maintain an aggressive program of enhancements.  However we feel
that with this release we have successfully met the detailed
specifications of a large group of users and we are excited about the
reaction from these researchers."

ISI has begun the process of releasing V4.3 of the Web of Science starting
with the Internet version.  Intranet server loads will be phased in
following the Internet release.  Intranet customers will be contacted in
order to set schedules that are convenient for individual sites.

About the Web of Science

The ISI Web of Science is a unique multidisciplinary database that
provides Web access to current and retrospective journal literature. The
database provides access to over a half century of the world's most
important scholarly literature. It includes three multidisciplinary
Citation Databases: Science Citation Index ExpandedTM, Social Sciences
Citation IndexAE, and Arts & Humanities Citation IndexAE.

The Web of Science is now available in over 1,000 institutions and is
accessed by 3.5 million users across the globe. The database has been
specifically designed to enrich the searchability of the data and allow
improved and better-targeted search results.  In addition, users can link
from the Web of Science to full text journal articles and other scholarly
data including patent, chemical and genetic information.

ISI is a Thomson Scientific Company.  The company is part of The Thomson
Corporation, a leading global e-information and solutions business with
annual revenues of approximately US $6 billion.  The Corporation's common
shares are listed on the Toronto (TSE:TOC) and London stock exchanges. For
more information, link to www.isinet.com.

--end---