RE: Including eReserve provisions in licensing contracts

I very much agree with Rick's statement.  The clauses in the license
describing authorized users should cover registered students in an official
class.  Moving on to define normal reserves activity within the license
seems unnecessary and perhaps conflict producing if  your institution has
already taken the appropriate measures to prevent access by unauthorized
users.

At 12:52 PM 11/21/00 -0500, you wrote:
>It seems to me that linking to online articles to which the campus
>community has access anyway shouldn't require any special license
>language.  As long as users are authenticated, it shouldn't matter whether
>they gain access from a page titled "Electronic Journals" or from one
>titled "Course Reserve."  Really, you're not talking about "reserves" in
>the traditional sense at all, just a thematically-organized page of links.
>Coincidentally, just today I've had two separate conversations on this
>topic with my colleagues here, and would be very interested in hearing
>others' views.
>
>-------------
>Rick Anderson
>Electronic Resources/Serials Coordinator
>The University Libraries
>University of Nevada, Reno
>1664 No. Virginia St.
>Reno, NV  89557