Electronic signatures

According to EDUPAGE, we will be able to sign our licenses digitally
starting ... today.    Ann Okerson

___

QUESTIONS LINGER AS 'E-SIGN' TAKES EFFECT

On Sunday, the new E-Sign law will take effect, making it legal to sign
documents with an electronic signature.  The exact specification for what
constitutes an electronic signature was not defined, which leaves a broad
range of interpretations.  One type of electronic signature that will get
a boost from the E-Sign law is digital signatures.  The leading
certificate authority that provides digital certificates is VeriSign.
Other companies that offer digital certificates include RSA Security,
Entrust Technologies, Baltimore Technologies, and GlobalSign. Individual
businesses are also able to issue digital certificates internally.
(Investor's Business Daily, 28 September 2000)

--end---