RE: Nature Journals: User Name and Password (Super ID Access)

No thanks, Chuck. Our prices are about right, and we're very pleased with
the uptake Science Online has received among institutions. And which
policies were you asking us to reconsider?

Science Online is already one of the most widely used scientific journal
websites in the world. We make many of the services available for free
(even some full-text articles, but not most)... and we have several
'gateway' arrangements with other scientific portals...and we are one of
the charter members of Crossref...precisely because we want it to be a
very accessible website. Again, I suggest you get ahold of our BPA
statements about site usage.

We do work with consortia and sometimes with individual institutions to
offer discounts. These are best when a consortium can bring in a number of
smaller institutions. You and I haven't talked about that, but I'm willing
if you are interested. In fact, we're already working with the terrific
folks at TRLN, and I'd love to see more North Carolina institutions join
in with them.

Mike

>>> "Hamaker, Chuck" <cahamake@email.uncc.edu> 09/27/00 10:37AM >>>

Ok sure I can purchase sitewide access, for a mere additonal (in my
institution's case) about $4,500.

If you don't want to be tarred the inaccessible brush, you'd best rethink
your policies (and pricing).