Scanning one by one chapter of a book

Netters,

I just wondering with scanning or photocopying a portion of a book per
chapter at one time by patron (or user), for abiding the copyright law.

What will happen if in the repository (or in the file server) the scanned
chapters are resembles of a complete book?  Do we need to delete those
scanned chapters?

If yes, what a wasting effort and time if those chapters are still in
popular demand by other users. We can save effort and prolong the scanner
age.

Do you have any suggestion about this problem? Thank you very much in
advance for your attention.

Best regards,
--
Suryadiputra Liawatimena  | Bina Nusantara University
sliawati@binus.ac.id      | 27 Kebun Jeruk Raya Street