Re: Are banner ads acceptable on licesnsed databases?

Adds are part of reality.  Look through the magazines/journals in your
business or medical library -- it has already happened.  Unfortunately, the
journals with the muti thousand dollar prices that we love to hate are so
specialized that no one would want to advertise in them.  In fact, libraries
seem to be the only ones interested in these journals -- maybe we should be
the ones to get full page ads in them.

As long as ads don't get in front of the words that our patrons want to read
AND they reduce/control the price increases, I welcome ads.  Tony