Re: Are banner ads acceptable on licensed databases?

Donna Packer Writes:

From: Donna Packer <Donna.Packer@wwu.edu>
To: "'liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu'" <liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu>
Subject: RE: Are banner ads acceptable on licesnsed databases?
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 09:50:42 -0700

Our trial for Academic Universe included some advertising.  The comments
from those of our business faculty who responded were adamantly opposed to
commercial advertising in library databases.  They felt most strongly that
their students are already bombarded by advertising everywhere they go,
and the library (physical or electronic) is not a place for this.

Donna Packer
Librarian for the College of Business and Economics
Western Washington University Libraries
Bellingham, WA 98225
E-Mail donna.packer@wwu.edu
Telephone 360.650.3335