Re: Are banner ads acceptable on licesnsed databases?

You say:

"I take it that they feel they could charge lower fees if
they had the additional revenue from the ads.

What's your feeling?"

I feel they could charge lower fees now. And experience tells me that they
will push their will/agenda on us anyway knowing, because experience tells
them, that we will kick, scream and grouse about it amongst ourselves at
conferences and on forums such as this, but we really don't to anything
about it. Do we?

Now, thanks to the fact that this online database vendor has tipped
his/her hand, I can look forward to the day when I see "punch the monkey"
or some other banality scrolling across the screen at me knowing all the
while that we're paying a little less than we did before, but we're still
paying too much!

Laura R. Syms
University College of Cape Breton
PO Box 5300