Lurker asks for help

Hello-
I'm mostly a happy lurker on this list, but, having rashly promised to talk
on copyright in Academe at an upcoming American Chemical Society meeting, I
would greatly appreciate some help from you.

Specifically, I would like to collect some incidents of copyright
violations (intentional or not) committed by faculty, students, support
staff, and (yes!) librarians. I have a few of my own and one anecdote
(which may not be factual), but I would love to be able to mention a few of
the real clangers that some of you must have seen. Of course real names and
places would go with me to my grave.

Please reply to me directly (bculp@purdue.edu), and I'll be glad to
summarize the results, if there is interest enough.

Thanks in advance,

Bartow Culp, aka

F. Bartow Culp, Chemistry Librarian
M. G. Mellon Library of Chemistry