Re: A question of licences and Alumni members

To John Cox and Mike Spinella:  It interests me that you separate the
Alumni Association from the University.  At my place the AYA is part of
the campus life and entity.  And all of us participate in various alumni
activities, publications, and so on.

As to the question of where the alumni information need comes from, I am
with Scott Wicks: there is definitely a demand; it is NOT
library-generated but it is directed toward the library because we are
generally thought of as the place on campus that finds ways to deliver
information of all sorts to our readers.  My guess is that for various
reasons, the connections between US universities and their alumni are much
more strong than in the UK or many other countries, and that this
tradition is possibly more strongly held in smaller American colleges and
the private universities than in the big state schools. But even the the
bigt schools, there is certainly a culture of ongoing contact with alumni,
lifelong learning, and all that goes with it.

Cheers, Ann Okerson
Ann.Okerson@yale.edu