Emanuella Giavarra wins award for European licensing work

FYI.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 18:53:04 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
From: Alicia Wise <alicia.wise@kcl.ac.uk>

****apologies for cross-posting****

Dear Colleagues,

It is my great pleasure to announce that Emanuella Giavarra has today won
the very prestigious European Woman of Achievement award.  The award is in
recognition of her licensing efforts on behalf of the European library
community.

Since December 1990, Emanuella has dedicated herself to the protection of
the copyright interests of libraries and library users in European
institutions.  In June 1992 she was appointed the first Director of the
European Bureau of Library, Information and Documentation Associations
(EBLIDA).  Within two years EBLIDA was recognised as the official channel
of communication between its members, some 95,000 libraries throughout
Europe, and the European Commission and European Parliament.

In the UK Higher Education community we know Emanuella best for her work
with the JISC/PA committee and with NESLI to create fair model licences.
These models have gained widespread international attention, and are now
in use by library consortia and publishers around the world.

Please will you join in congratulating her on this very impressive
achievement, and for her tireless efforts in securing educational access
to electronic information.

Cheers,

Alicia

For information about EBLIDA please see