OED

In addition to the _Professor and the Madman_, don't miss _Caught in the
Web of Words_, Yale, 1977, by K. M. Elisabeth Murray, granddaughter of the
original editor, (Sir) J. A. H. Murray - fascinating account of how
quotations were gathered, entries edited, etc.!

Keith
            Keith R. Stetson             |      (203) 254-4044 x 2184
   Collection Development Librarian      |      (203) 254-4135  (fax)
Nyselius Library, Fairfield University   |
       Fairfield, CT  06430-5195         |   kstetson@fair1.fairfield.edu
  If an opinion is expressed it is my own and not that of my institution.