From: David Goodman [ mailto:dgoodman@phoenix.Princeton.EDU
<mailto:dgoodman@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> ]
Sent: Sunday, June 25, 2000 5:41 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: Re:Charleston Advisor Annoucement...

Margaret, thanks for bringing this up. Though from the samples I've seen
it appears a very good publication, I am very reluctant to propose it at
that price.

Chuck, I wish the excellent work of you and your colleagues the greatest
possible influence, and I therefore suggest that a specialized publication
like this, and moreover one that is only addressed to those with some
degree of familiarity with electronic materials, might be very suitable
for purely electronic publication at the lowest possible price---which is
$0. I assume the purpose of the publication is not to make money, but to
improve the effectiveness of libraries by exchanging knowledge by way of
high quality reviews of the best materials for us to acquire while
simultaneously increasing the prestige of the contributors and the
editors. If that increased prestige helps their economic position, so much
the better, of course.

David Goodman, Princeton University
Biology Library
dgoodman@princeton.edu