Where's Waldo

Richard,

In noting your obvious concern to be responsive, I'd be inclined to simply
suggest that a clear link with the words "License Agreeement" seems a good
idea, probably as subtext for Journals Online. I'd also wonder if even the
Journals Online link isn't placed lower on the menu bar than use
statistics might indicate it should be. It's always gratifying to see a
publisher listening and trying to respond to our concerns. Because all
three of the examples shown here had license agreements under 'Online
Journals', it's clear that this seems logical from the publisher/site
creator end of things. But it is far less intuitive than you might expect,
given all the other choices available. Particularly if publishers expect
changes in terms to be noted (which seems completely unrealistic to me),
the license location needs to be more visible and explicit.

Carole
________

At 01:55 PM 6/23/2000 EDT, you wrote:
>I think the difficulty here is knowing where to place the license on the
>website so that's it's easy to find. Sage, in common with the other
>publishers mentioned here, has chosen to place it under a link from
>'Journals Online', which we believe is a fairly intuitive place to look.
>In the case of our sagepub.com site (our US site) the license is reached
>in two clicks from the homepage, and in the case of sagepub.co.uk (our UK
>site) in three clicks from the homepage, neither of which I think
>excessive or particularly devious routes. I suppose my question is: where
>should we put the licenses to make them easier to reach if what we have
>currently is perceived to be difficult to find?
>
>Richard Fidczuk
>Production Director
>Sage Publications Ltd
>email: richard.fidczuk@sagepub.co.uk