RE: manifest assent

Just one thing I should clarify.  I was specifically referring to licenses
that don't require a click and accept type action when I queried about
licenses of manifest assent.

Of the examples Linda provides below -- The Wiley one is definitely a
click-through license.  I didn't double-check the others.

Of course, click-throughs are similar, and may contain the same type of
problems.  How do you freeze the click-through license at the moment you
agreed to it?  Yes, you could print it, copy it offline, etc.  But if
changes were later made to the click-through text, what's LEGALLY
recording the moment in time and version of the license you read and
agreed to?

--Kimberly Parker