Oxford U Press at ALA-Users Group

---------- Forwarded message ----------
>From ROY@OUP-USA.ORG Mon Jun 19 12:14:27 2000
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 12:11:11 -0400
From: "Royalynn O'Connor" <ROY@OUP-USA.ORG>
Subject: Oxford U Press at ALA-Users Group

<<cross-posted, apologies for duplication>>

Oxford University Press will hold our first user group session for the
Oxford English Dictionary and American National Biography online
publications at ALA in Chicago Friday 7 July 8:30-11a.m. at the Hyatt
Regency - Gold Coast Room (Mtg No. 3350).

If you plan to attend please RSVP, at your earliest convenience, to:
online@oup-usa.org  or
Fax: (212) 726-6442

We will run the meeting in three blocks:
8:30-9:30 -- Oxford English Dictionary
9:30-10:30 -- American National Biography
10:30 -- 11:00 -- spillover, plus general discussion re: license and
subscription processing, and forthcoming OUP online publications

We hope that users familiar with both publications will join us to discuss
future editorial and functional developments for both publications.

Yvonne Warburton, Managing Editor OED Online will be on hand for the OED
discussion; Karen Casey, SVP/Publisher will represent ANB Online; I will
be present too.  Refreshments will be served.

At future annual ALA meetings we expect to break-out the OED & ANB into
separate user groups if space & time allow.

Additionally, Richard Gedeye, Journal Sales & Marketing Director from OUP
UK, will attend ALA this year to launch US consortia initiatives for OUP's
online journals.  Please let me know if you would like to arrange a
meeting with Richard during the course of the show.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Royalynn O'Connor
Online Product Director