CHIN & control of concurrent users

Dear All

Those of you who so kindly contacted me about my licence problems with
CHIN will be pleased to hear that we have successfully solved the problem
of being able to control the number of concurrent users from our premises
- CHIN were unable to do this from their end and laid the responsibility
on us.

We have discovered we can do this technically by accessing CHIN on the
internet via our CDROM server where contol software is installed. All we
needed to do was to give CHIN the IP address of this server. So now our
readers only have to click on the CDROM link on our library web page and
from there select CHIN and all is well!

( I know CHIN isn't a CDROM................perhaps we'll have to rename
this link!)

Of course, having done it once, we could do it again if the need arises.
I hope this may be helpful to others out there who find themselves in
similar situations.

Ros Doig
Serials and Interlending Librarian
University of Derby