Electronic access to Mosby journals

Hello,

This Spring, Mosby announced free electronic access to their titles.
While reviewing the licensing agreement, I was bothered by the following:

1.) "You may not use or permit the use of all or any part of the Service
on any Local or Wide Area Network; make data from the Service available to
non-users,..."
http://www.mosby.com/scripts/om.dll/serve?web=terms.html&id=hj .  In
addition, upon further clarification from the publisher, we can only
provide electronic access within Library, besides we are unable to link
any Mosby titles on our electronic journals web page because our server is
on a wide area network.  Access to the e-j's is login and password only,
and restricted to faculty and students associated with the University.

2.) "All charges incurred in connection with your user name and password
will be billed to the credit card you designate during the registration
process."  If my Library did provide restricted access to the Mosby titles
inside the Library, there is no way we could control our patrons from
purchasing articles or other services while logged on.  (Besides the fact,
"the Library" does not have a credit card). Rather, the only way the
Library could insure we are in compliance with the agreement is to make
electronic access available only at the reference desk for staff use.

The publisher has notified me that in the Fall access will be available
through IDEAL consortial licensing.  My Library does not have an agreement
with IDEAL since we have very few Academic Press titles.  My questions
are: Has anyone dealt with Mosby in reducing the amount of restriction on
their e-j's? Has anyone tried using a serials vendor to negotiate for the
Library?

Your comments are much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Liz Lorbeer, Collection Development Librarian
Library of Rush University
Elorbeer@rushu.rush.edu