RE: Science Direct Web Editions

Correct me if I'm wrong but when you sign the license for Science Direct
Web Editions you only get online access to the paper journals you
subscribe to. There is nothing that can prevent you and your library to
fill up any ILL requests from your paper subscriptions.

I have to admit that, like you, I don't like this situation where a
license forbids you from doing any ILL. We try to change that also here in
our institution.

But for the Science Direct Web Editions I think that your institution
should sign up their license. By not doing so you are denying your library
users from getting an easy access to your Elsevier journals.