RE: Science Direct Web Editions

Have had problems getting responses from the reps. who handle access to
the web-editions.--The techies seem willing (at least from email I've
received) but the business end is really sloooooow. phone calls and e-mail
no response.

That they have changed the limitations on users helps somewhat (see Karen
Hunter's note on this list yesterday), but other provisions are about as
burdensome.

Several of the terms in the license are impossible for my institution to
enforce or agree to.

Chuck Hamaker
Atkins Library
UnC Charlotte